29 July 2013

Review: Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear

Charmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles, #2)
Goodreads
Source: eARC via NetGalley
Published: August 8, 2013
Flux
Synopsis: In the Faerie realm, Noli Braddock's relationship with her best friend V has grown into something more. But V's mother, Faerie Queen Tiana, has ruled that they are forbidden to see each other. Returning to the mortal realm, Noli joins the crew of her brother's air-pirate ship, the Vixen's Revenge. There she discovers that her brother has hired the scallywag Faerie huntsman, Kevighn Silver. While serving as shipmates, Kevighn and Noli learn that the Earth Court King plans to find a forbidden artifact--one that will bring destruction to everyone Noli loves. (Source: Goodreads)

*Many thanks to Flux and NetGalley for providing early access to this title*

Quick Review...for when I don't have a lot to say...

If you remember, I really quite enjoyed the first book in this series, Innocent Darkness. The interaction between V and Noli was fabulous and I was so looking forward to more of that in this book.

Alas, they're apart for most of it.

What?! 

No fair!

I wanted more, and got waaaaaaaaaay less. There's a reason though, so I can't be terribly mad about anything. I just hope that the third book (unannounced, untitled, no cover, etc...) gives me a fantastic V and Noli payout.

One of my favorite things about this series is the family relationship. They're quirky, but not horrible to each other and they genuinely care for each other. I loved that Noli is reunited with her brother in this one. I'd hoped to meet him the last time around, so I was glad for it in this book. I love that they love their mom and dad and do their best to have a healthy relationship with them. (Noli more than Jeff)

Plot-wise, I felt like this one kind of dragged a little bit. It wasn't as interesting to me as the last one was. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope there's more Kevighn in the next book. I don't like him, don't get me wrong, but he does make things interesting. V's quest is boring, and only made more interesting by the addition of James. I was glad he was along for the ride, or I may have set this one down.

I'm enjoying this series (for the most part) and can't wait to see where it's going. There are some new characters introduced this time, and I hope they play a bigger role in the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment