24 July 2013

Review: The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross

Goodreads
Source: eARC via NetGalley
Published: May 28, 2013
Harlequin Teen
Synopsis: "In 1897 London, something not quite human is about to awaken 

When mechanical genius Emily is kidnapped by rogue automatons, Finley Jayne and her fellow misfits fear the worst. What's left of their archenemy, The Machinist, hungers to be resurrected, and Emily must transplant his consciousness into one of his automatons—or forfeit her friends' lives. 

With Griffin being mysteriously tormented by the Aether, the young duke's sanity is close to the breaking point. Seeking help, Finley turns to Jack Dandy, but trusting the master criminal is as dangerous as controlling her dark side. When Jack kisses her, Finley must finally confront her true feelings for him...and for Griffin. 

Meanwhile, Sam is searching everywhere for Emily, from Whitechapel's desolate alleyways to Mayfair's elegant mansions. He would walk into hell for her, but the choice she must make will test them more than they could imagine. 


To save those she cares about, Emily must confront The Machinist's ultimate creation—an automaton more human than machine. And if she's to have any chance at triumphing, she must summon a strength even she doesn't know she has..."(Source: Goodreads)


*Many thanks to Harlequin Teen and NetGalley for allowing early access to this title.*

Quick Review...for when I don't have a lot to say...

It's no secret that I adore steampunk and this series in particular. I completely fell for the alternate London that Kady Cross introduced me to in The Girl in the Steel Corset. I loved picturing the cool contraptions that she came up with, and I especially loved the characters she introduced me to. Finley is one of my favorite characters of all time...so much that I'd totally consider naming a daughter Finley.

In this installment, we get to know more about Emily, while still continuing the story started in The Girl in the Steel Corset. I've liked Emily from the beginning, not least because we share a name. She's spunky and fun and totally loyal. I loved her relationship with Sam. I loved how she could be totally serious and then playful in the next moment. She was a lot of fun to read about.

I liked the story this time around, quite as much as the other two books. I have a feeling that it's definitely not over and I'm looking forward to where we could go next. I remain a loyal fan to this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment